About Wander Panzer (WAP) Mod
Wander Panzer (aka Wanzers, WAP) is a mod for ArmA 3 from gmwo. The mod adds fictional mechs which you might know from the Front Mission game. The WAP mod version used here is 1.09, it features the badass G Frost.
Mechs are invaluable assets in the battlefield. Once added in game via voice commands, you or the AI group leader (computer) can control them as desired. Mission file stays intact. I'm using Arma 3 version 18.104.22.1686 main branch.
More info about Wander Panzer (WAP) Mod by gmwo at:
More about the drop scripts
- Epic Armour Drop script by Killzone_Kid at:
- Friction effect from Arctor's script
About GlovePIE voice commands
With some creativity, one can seamlessly add at the convenience of voice commands, mechs / wander panzers to any singleplayer mission/campaign/showcase of Arma 3 and control them just like any AI squad member. No need to go through radio triggers or action menu, no keybindings to press. Just say what you want and its given to you.
So, whenever I need Wander Panzer support, I just say...
"drop wanzer zero one" or
"drop wanzer zero six" etcetera, or
"drop G Frost"
... and the support mech will be dropped off from heaven to my current location.
Why use GlovePIE?
Aside from the fact that you can use GlovePIE for free and fully customize your PIE script to your own liking, voice commands / voice recognition / voice control in ArmA 3 using GlovePIE and voice_com addon can accomplish a lot of wonderful things. Things you can do with this setup can be summarized into two categories:
(1) BASIC commands for player (yourself) or squad (AIs, NPCs)
- Commands like change view, kneel, stand up, go prone, open watch, open map, assign team, mount vehicle, disembark, engage target, open fire, hold fire, watch direction, copy stance, etcetera.
- Of course, those basic commands above can also be programmed in other 3rd-party voice recognition softwares like PiLfluS, Shoot, VAC, Windows Speech Recognition Macros or Articulate. A walk in the park task.
- What happens here is that GlovePIE translates your voice command/s to the corresponding key bindings. For instance, when you say "squad", GlovePIE would press for you the "~" key (tilde key) which by default would select all members of your squad.
- Another example is when you say "two" "three" "return to formation", GlovePIE would press in consecutive order the following keys: F2 F3 1 1. Those examples are dependent on the default game key bindings. GlovePIE clicks them for you when you issue a command. The voice commands can be programmed to your own liking. So, instead of saying "squad", you could use "all" or "guys listen up" or whatever phrase you desire and the end result would still press key "~".
Check this link for the write-up and video about how basic GlovePIE voice commands in Arma 3 work.
For a list of Arma 3 key assignments, check out this link. Thanks to alpha-kilo.
Here's a video from Royal Gamers UK demonstrating squad commands in Arma 3 using GlovePIE:
(2) ADVANCED commands for player (yourself), squad (AIs, NPCs), or the game in general
- Adding or removing your own/your squad member's rifle attachments such as optics, flashlight and suppressors, adding or removing clothes/ uniforms, commands for player or squad invincibility, adding (spawning) any weapon, ammo, vehicle, item in ArmA 3 or from ArmA 2 (thru AiA), time and weather manipulation, calling artillery strikes, moving to specific map location, etc.
- Now, this is something unique since there is no in-game menu or dialog interaction involved, no keyboard shortcuts pressed. Just use your voice. To each his own. This setup is not dependent on injectors, cheat menu or hack menu found elsewhere on the internet.
If you need a Glock, then just say "add Glock"
Want a AMV-7 Marshall? Just say "add Marshall"
Need a ARCO optics for your rifle? Just say "add A R C O"
To add 2 hours to current time, just say "add two hours"
To call artillery strike at designated map location, just say "artillery"
To order your squad to fire at specific target, just point and say "target that"
... and so on and so forth.
Very easy to use. I haven't seen a video on YouTube using similar approach. I could be wrong though.
Arma 3 does not have native support for voice recognition. Wish Bohemia Interactive devs integrated some sort of voice recognition feature in Arma 3 for us who love to say what we want in game.
Of course, not all commands of the advanced category like weapon and vehicle spawning, calling for artillery or nuke strike, weather and time manipulation can be added to the proposed feature but I think adding voice recognition support for basic AI/squad commands is plausible. I believe that it adds realistic immersion to the already awesome game that is Arma 3. One could just say 'Soldier two, get in that chopper as gunner ' instead of pressing the equivalent key bindings.
Wishful thinking? Who knows, the devs might give it a go. Vote up!
Files featured here are for personal use only. Video shared on YouTube just so you know something like this exists. Videos or it never happened! If you need my script, kindly check the video/ link at the lowermost section of this write-up.
Thanks for dropping by. Voice commands and Arma 3 rocks!
GlovePIE 0.45 Free
How To Use GlovePIE Voice Commands in Arma 3