There is no built-in command to heal team/s in Arma 3 so, the two methods previously discussed does not apply to patching up teams. You can call on your teams but you cannot heal team members collectively. This portion of the video explains what I mean.
How is it done with GlovePIE?
Looking at the squad icons on the bottom-left portion of the screen, determine which team is injured. Let's say for example Team Yellow members are injured, then just say 'Team Yellow patch yourself up'. That easy! This portion of the video demonstrates how its done with GlovePIE advanced voice commands.
No need to point at Team Yellow members and wait for the 'Treat self' option to come up in the command menu as there's none. No need also to use the Action menu of selected team as there's also no 'Team treat self' option built into the game. Just determine the injured team then say 'Team X patch yourselft up'. X being red, green, blue, yellow or white as indicated in the squad icons on the left lower portion of the screen. Doesn't matter how many members a particular team have. All members will eventually get patched up / healed.
So, why use GlovePIE?
Voice commands / voice recogniton / voice control in ArmA 3 using GlovePIE and voice_com addon can accomplish a lot of things. Things you can do with this setup can be summarized into two categories:
(1) BASIC commands for player (yourself) or squad (AIs, NPCs)
- Commands like change view, kneel, stand up, go prone, open watch, open map, assign team, mount vehicle, disembark, engage target, open fire, hold fire, watch direction, copy stance, etcetera.
- Of course, those basic commands above can also be programmed in other 3rd-party voice recognition softwares like PiLfluS, Shoot, VAC or Windows Speech Recognition Macros. A walk in the park task.
- What happens here is that GlovePIE translates your voice command/s to the corresponding key bindings. For instance, when you say "squad", GlovePIE would press for you the "~" key (tilde key) which by default would select all members of your squad.
- Another example is when you say "two" "three" "return to formation", GlovePIE would press in consecutive order the following keys: F2 F3 1 1. Those examples are dependent on the default game key bindings. GlovePIE clicks them for you when you issue a command. The voice commands can be programmed to your own liking. So, instead of saying "squad", you could use "all" or "guys listen up" or whatever phrase you desire and the end result would still press key "~".
Check this link for the write-up and video about how basic GlovePIE voice commands in Arma 3 work.
For a list of Arma 3 key assignments, check out this link. Thanks to alpha-kilo.
Here's a video from Royal Gamers UK demonstrating squad commands in Arma 3 using GlovePIE:
(2) ADVANCED commands for player (yourself) or squad (AIs, NPCs)
- Adding or removing your own/your squad member's rifle attachments such as optics, flashlight and suppressors, adding or removing clothes/ uniforms, commands for player or squad invincibility, adding (spawning) any weapon, ammo, vehicle, item in ArmA 3 or from ArmA 2 (thru AiA), time and weather manipulation, calling artillery strikes, moving to specific map location, etc.
- Now, this is something unique since there is no in-game menu or dialog interaction involved, no keyboard shortcuts pressed. Just use your voice. To each his own. This setup is not dependent on injectors, cheat menu or hack menu found elsewhere on the internet.
If you need a Glock, then just say "add Glock"
Want a AMV-7 Marshall? Just say "add Marshall"
Need a ARCO optics for your rifle? Just say "add A R C O"
To add 2 hours to current time, just say "add two hours"
To call artillery strike at designated map location, just say "artillery"
To order your squad to fire at specific target, just point and say "target that"
... and so on and so forth.
Very easy to use. I haven't seen a video on YouTube using similar approach. I could be wrong though.
Wish Bohemia Interactive devs integrated some sort of voice recognition feature in Arma 3 for us who love to say what we want in game. Of course, not all commands of the not-so-basic stuff like weapon and vehicle spawning, calling for artillery or nuke strike, weather and time manipulation can be added to the proposed feature but I think adding voice recognition support for basic AI/squad commands is plausible. I believe that it adds realistic immersion to the already awesome game that is Arma 3. One could just say 'Two, gunner get in that chopper' instead of pressing the equivalent key bindings.
Wishful thinking? Who knows, the devs might give it a go. Vote up!
Files featured here are for personal use only. Video shared on YouTube just so you know something like this exists. Videos or it never happened!
Thanks for dropping by. Voice commands and Arma 3 rocks!
GlovePIE 0.45 Free
How To Use GlovePIE Voice Commands in Arma 3